CASI provides advanced, comprehensive, science-based, home-study programs of study to help students expand their professional skills in dog training, behavior consulting, dog daycare operation, and shelter and rescue work, and canine nutrition and fitness.
- Academically advanced, comprehensive science-based curriculum. Not cursory and basic or fad-based
- Non-coercive, positive reinforcement based methods
- Study at home, at your own pace, & start when ever you want
- Academic, hands-on skills development and professional career development assignments to help you in every way we can
- Work toward certification educational requirements or Continuing Education Units for recertification requirements
- Extensive ongoing academic and professional development support with extensive, detailed course materials supported by the best textbooks, a "Virtual Classroom" with fellow students, industry leading faculty and graduates, for discussion as well as post-graduate internship opportunities for in-person supervised hands-on skills development.
Our students, former students, graduates and faculty are active in their field. Lynn Hoover became co-founder (along with James O'Heare) and president of the International Association for Animal Behavior Consultants, Kellyann Conway has been the president of the Association for Pet Dog Trainers, Mychelle Blake was editor of the Chronicle of the Dog, published by the APDT and Animal Behavior Consulting: Theory and Practice, published by the IAABC and is the Executive Director of the APDT. Mychelle Blake is the President and CEO of the AABP. Parvene Farhoody has been president of the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers and Lisa Clifton-Bumpass was the secretary and chair of the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers Exam Development Committee. Niki Tudge runs the Pet Professional Guild and Angelica Steinker, Marilyn Woolf and Leonard Cecil also work with the PPG. The list goes on. Check out our testimonials page. A CASI Graduate putting her education to work. We are very proud of the fact that our students are very pleased with their experience with CASI.
What the Student Gets
- Access to industry leading professionals on staff (faculty) with extensive experience and knowledge for questions, help and discussion. Learning and professional development support from successful experts in the field.
- Access to fellow students in the Virtual Classroom, many of which are established professionals, willing to help with coursework, cases you may be working or problems you may be having with your own dog.
- FREE membership with with the Association of Animal behavior Professionals http://www.associationofanimalbehaviorprofessionals.com
- Extensive course notes to support the course texts and help you learn more about the topics.
- Use of The Companion Animal Sciences Institute Student logo for marketing and advertising purposes.
What the Graduate Gets
- Solid education for professional skills upgrading from a respected educational institution that will help you expand your professional skills.
- Continuing Education Units for CCPDT recertification requirements.
- Continuing Education Units for IAABC recertification requirements.
- Credits toward Association of Animal Behavior Professionals Professional Membership.
- Certificate or diploma credentials and appropriate letters representing graduation (e.g., Cert.PDTST or Dip.ABST).
- Right to advertise and market The Companion Animal Sciences Institute graduation and use the Companion Animal Sciences Institute Graduate logo
- Letter of recommendation from The Companion Animal Sciences Institute identifying your graduation that can be used for employment opportunities or with certification through professional associations (upon request).
- Access to recommended Internship programs for continuing your hands-on skill practice and competencies development.
How to Get Started
Here is how it works taking a course or program of study through CASI:
- Step #1. Explore the certificate and diploma programs and decide what would be best for your goals. This page may help. Ask us any questions you like to help ensure you make the right choice for your goals.
- Step #2. Click the ENROLL link to complete the enrollment application. You will be notified whether your application is accepted or declined and if it is accepted you will receive the enrollment agreement to complete.
- Step #3. Make tuition Payment and order required materials.
For further information please explore the web site through the links to the left and visit our FAQ page. And of course do not hesitate to email us with any questions you might have. We are pleased to provide answers.